Welcome! The Lincoln K-8 office staff will work hard to keep the school running efficiently and smoothly. Thank you for visiting our site and please let us know how we can assist you.
Lincoln K-8 District-Wide School
|1122 8th Ave. SE,
Rochester, MN 55904
Phone Line: (507) 328-3550
(507) 328-3550 | Email
It is the student’s right to be in school. It is also the student’s responsibility to attend all assigned classes and study halls every day that school is in session and to be aware of and follow the correct procedures when absent from an assigned class or study hall. At the secondary level, it is the student’s responsibility to request any missed assignments due to an absence. At the elementary level, it is a shared responsibility between the parent/guardian, teacher, and student to request any missed assignments due to an absence.
Work missed during an excused absence must be made up for credit to be granted. Excused absences include the following categories:
- Serious illness in the student’s immediate family
- A death in the student’s immediate family or of a close friend or relative
- Acute or emergency medical or dental treatment
- Court appearances occasioned by family or personal action.
- Religious instruction not to exceed three hours in any week
- Physical emergency conditions such as fire, flood, storm, etc…
- Removal of a student pursuant to a suspension. Suspensions are to be handled as excused absences and students will be permitted to complete make-up work
- Religious holidays
The following reasons may be sufficient to constitute excused absences but will be limited on mandated federal and state testing days unless specific arrangements with building administration have been made which include confirmation of attendance on make-up testing days.
- Routine medical and dental appointments
- Official school field trip or other school-sponsored outings
- Work at home not to exceed 3 days per semester
- Pre-arranged travel
All unauthorized absences are unexcused absences. Any absences not verified within two (2) school days after a student returns to school will be considered unexcused. Work missed during unexcused absences must be made-up, however, credit may not be granted. Unexcused absences may result in disciplinary action.